My name is Artur Basak.
I am Software Engineer and this is my public CV.
I've been solving business and automation problems using Web Technologies for over a decade. Experienced working in both product and service software companies.
I had the honor of working with different huge corporations (top 3 business consulting firms, top 20 retail chains, SAP, Daimler, Penton, Evonik Industries), medium-sized businesses (like Florence Healthcare, NextGate, Kanda Software, Westernacher) and small promising startups (like Lition Energy, TrueImpact, Indy aka Tispr) in different domains. I have worked in various roles on projects, from Web Frontend and Fullstack Engineer to Project Manager, and Tech Lead/Team Lead.
During my career, I have worked with a wide range of libraries and frameworks - from Eclipse RCP/SWT/RAP, qooxdoo.js, JSP, jQuery UI/Mobile and ExtJS, through Backbone.js and EmberJS to Angular, Node.js, and ReactJS. Lately, I've been trying to dive deeper into the topics of UX, Design Systems, and Web Accessibility.
Even though I am a second-generation programmer and started writing code in the fifth grade of school with Intel Pentium III and Turbo Pascal, I am still extremely passionate about how a computer and a programming language can automate processes. That's why I am still a hands-on programmer.
My career path
- 2010 - Quality Assurance Engineer at *instinctools EE Labs
- 2012 - Software Engineer at *instinctools EE Labs
- 2015 - Senior Software Engineer at *instinctools EE Labs
- 2017 - Lead Software Engineer at *instinctools EE Labs
- 2018 - Trainer at Hi-Tech Park Belarus: IT-Academy
- 2019 - Lead UI/Web Engineer at Indy (ex-Tispr, ex-BuddyHOPP)
- 2021 - Software Engineering Manager at Godel Technologies
- 2022 - Senior Software Engineer at IntexSoft
My education path
2007 - Baranovichi Gymnasium - Computer Science Class
School Programming (Pascal, Intal)Took part in regional and city Olympiads in InformaticsTraining Network Olympiads - Moscow (Pascal), under mentoring of Shevchenko T.G.
2011 - Technological College, Educational Institution the GRSU
- Software of Information Technologies
- Programming for computer–aid design systems
2015 - Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno / GRSU (incomplete)
- Mathematics and Informatics
- Information Technology Software
- Software Engineer
- Ongoing - MOOC platforms like Coursera, edX, CodeSchool, egghead, FrontendMasters, Linkedin Learning, etc. I have a few professional certificates from W3Cx and others.
My technical path
- School time (2003) - CLI and GUI with ASCII symbols, Turbo Pascal CRT and Graph modules
- College time (2007) - Desktop GUI with VCL and Borland Delphi, Borland C++
- 2010 - Desktop and Web GUIs with AWT, Eclipse SWT, RCP/RAP, JFace, qooxdoo.js
- 2012 - Web UI with jQuery UI, jQuery Mobile and JavaServer Faces (JSF), XHTML
- 2013 - Web UI with Sencha ExtJS, JavaServer Pages (JSP) and Documentum Webtop
- 2014 - Web UI with Angular.js, Backbone.js, SASS/SCSS, LESS
- 2015 - Web UI with Ember.js and Handlebars Templates, MEAN, Meteor, Bootstrap
- 2016 - Web UI with React.js, JSX, Redux and Mobx
- 2018 - Web UI with Next.js, Headless CMS (Wordpress, Contentful) and React VR/360
- 2020 - Web UI with React.js, Next.js, Headless CMS (Strapi)
- 2022 - Hybrid Mobile & Web UI with React.js, Mobx, Workbox, IndexedDB
- My first computer: Intel Pentium III
- My current computer: Intel Core i9
- My favorite OS: MacOS (Unix)
- My favorite browser: Brave (Chromium)
- My favorite IDE: WebStorm
- My favorite shell command: ls -la
- My favorite paradigm: Object-Oriented [with a pinch of FP]
- Smashing Magazine - How To Configure Application Color Schemes With CSS Custom Properties
- Better Programming - UI Kit + Design System = DesignOps
- Better Programming - 5 Tips to Help Improve Your UI Development Environment
- Better Programming - A Visual Tutorial on Every Type of Test You Can Write
- Habr.com - Знай свой инструмент: Event Loop в libuv
- GROCON 2019 - Test Automation strategy for Legacy System [RU]
- Grodno HTP Branch JS Meetup - Web Accessibility. What is it? [RU]
- GROCON 2018 - GrodnoVR - My first and last experience with ReactVR [RU]
- IntexSoft Smart4 Meetup - Hybrid Mobile Architecture: Requests Queue [RU]
My professional interests
Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Web Technologies, UI Programming, Engineering Management, Automated Testing, Graphic Design, Typography, UX and Accessibility, Immersive Web
My top of professional books
- The Mythical Man-Month: Essays on Software Engineering, Fred Brooks
- The Inmates Are Running the Asylum, Alan Cooper
- The Best Interface Is No Interface, Golden Krishna
- Don't Make Me Think, Steve Krug
- Test Driven Development: By Example, Kent Beck